Come work with us.
We’re looking for great people to join our growing team!
If you are looking to join a well established family-owned company and have experience in sales, service, or administration and do not see an open position posted below, we would still like to hear from you. Please email email@example.com with a copy of your resume.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
We are seeking an experienced, hands-on Controller to join our leadership team and oversee all company financial functions. The successful candidate will report directly to the President/CEO of the company.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the operational accounting procedures for the company.
- Reporting financial results in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles is mandatory.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department staff.
- Monitor cash balances, credit lines, company loans, and payments.
- Oversee Payroll (through Paychex); ensuring employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Oversee banking relationships, manage banking activities, and reconcile bank statements.
- Prepare, analyze, and present financial reconciliations (monthly and annually) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Ensure that required debt and other recurring payments are made on a timely basis.
- Responsible for preparation of journal entries and month-end close process.
- Maintain and manage fixed assets ledger and depreciation schedules.
- Involvement in budgeting and reporting on budget versus actual.
- Facilitate tax preparation with external 3rd party.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings to include Occupational tax returns, Department of Labor reporting, City and County business licenses and tax returns, etc.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for annual audits.
- Research and prepare annual 1099’s.
- Knowledge of corporate software is a plus but not required (Microsoft Dynamics NAV).
- Knowledge of computer based spreadsheets and reporting is required. Strong Excel skills is mandatory.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, for capital investments.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to function in a leadership role.
- Ability to function as a team player.
- Must have strong organization and communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent accounting skills.
- Must be able to prioritize work to meet scheduled deadlines while handling multiple tasks.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work and communicate with President/CEO and two (2) General Managers.
- Possess the ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion about sensitive matters.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Minimum five (5) years financial closing experience (month-end and year-end) preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive accounting experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience is preferred.
- Work schedule is Monday through Friday (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
- Travel is not required.
- We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401k with a percentage match and many other benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need Help? We sell and service thousands of products.